How many are breeding for Blue Australorps here in America?

Mrs Brooke,
Go to my profile and check out the pics of hatches I have had in the past. I just sold 51 birds to a gentleman in fredericksburg,Va.
on BYC ehale1991 has had two separate hatches from my eggs, and Hupp Farm has exchanged eggs with me in the past, but has since stopped shipping. I do not know if they have pictures. I have set up breeders in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and WV in the last 3 years because there were no real BBS Australorps east of the mississippi. Shipped eggs are a risk due to the post office handling not the breeder.
Kurt

Mrs Brooke,
Go to my profile and check out the pics of hatches I have had in the past. I just sold 51 birds to a gentleman in fredericksburg,Va.
on BYC  ehale1991 has had two separate hatches from my eggs, and Hupp Farm has exchanged eggs with me in the past, but has since stopped shipping. I do not know if they have pictures. I have set up breeders in Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and WV in the last 3 years because there were no real BBS Australorps east of the mississippi. Shipped eggs are a risk due to the post office handling not the breeder. 
Kurt

I will certainly toddle over and check it out. :)

MrsB

It is really hard to tell from your pics. Both tail angles are way to high, but they are running. If the top pic is the hen then she is too dark in the hackles, she should be more uniform in color IMO. Also, the pics look like they all have yellow soles on the bottom of their feet and that is a definte no no. They should have pinkish white soles to be Blue Australorps. Check the skin also to make sure it is white and not yellow. Like i said it may just be the pics so I can't say totally off for sure.
Kurt

Last edited:
Kurt,

Thank you for your time. You are right, his feet have a yellow base. Their tails are not quite that high (as in the pics), but that's pretty much what I think every time I see them as well. Interesting. In your opinion, would breeding them back to pure take care of the feet and if so, will it be fixed in the next generation or is the yellow feet going to haunt me?

Thanks,

C.J.

The yellow will haunt you forever. Probably a Blue Jersey Giant mixed in there. Their skin is probably yellow also. God knows what could have been mixed in there. Very sorry.
Kurt

Kurt,

Again, thank you for your opinion. I am not too heart broken, they were made on accident by breeding a pure Australorp rooster to a Barnevelver (blue in the line). I thought if it was moving in the right direction that I would get serious and keep going, but now that I know they are simply pretty I will move on. I have too many projects as it is, so maybe it's even a relief!

Thank you again,

C.J.

What do you actually cross to get a blue australorp? I have a blue orpington rooster and black australorp hens, so if I breed them will I get a blue australorp?

Back
Top Bottom