How many bantams can a Eglu Go hold ?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by EasterEggersRULE, Jul 13, 2011.

1. EasterEggersRULE

EasterEggersRULE Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2010
    South Texas
    How many bantams can i keep in a Eglu Go ? They will be allowed to free range in the day. I was thinking of bantam cochins.

2. cbohn80

cbohn80 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    nj
    i'm so against the eglu. it's very costly and i'm not a fan of plastic. for half the price of an eglu cube i built an 8 by 12 pen, enclosed on top with a 50 gal stock tank for my ducks with a 3x4x3 coup raised a foot off the ground. 7 chickens spend the night in there and the ducks sleep underneath. the cost was around 300 for wood, paint, shingles for the roof, clear currogated pvc for a cover over half the coup, chicken wire, hardware roosts nest boxes, the stock tank and whatever else was needed. of and a laminate tile floor to make cleaning easier.

3. ThinkingChickens

ThinkingChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    I'm a huge fan of the Go. I have two and my chickens are all very happy girls. I have three girls in each Eglu. They are full size though. With all the free ranging maybe 4? I'd have to check over at Omlet to see what their recommendations are. Eglus are pricey, but they are convenient, stylish and clean. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people in the UK using them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by