How many birds per tractor?

I am sorry that I asummed you had never raised meat birds. Sometimes people like to venture over to the meat bird forum that have no intention other than to rag on people for killing birds and not raising them in a "humane" way - ie too dense. The oxymoron I was referring to was when you referred to cornish x as a "small breed" which I thought was funny because I think of them as a large breed. Light yields can come from all kinds of reasons. Stocking density is definitely one of them, but I have raised more than a handful of 50+ bird batches of cornish cross and can confirm that they can do perfectly fine in alot less than 4-8sqft per bird. I know we're not here to discus your flock from years ago so I wont try to parse it out. I do apologize for being so quick to judge. I've obviously been jaded by other posters... cheers
It's perfectly fine, I understand that a lot of people wander through the meat bird section. I know meaties can thrive with less room but I didn't work for us within the confines of what we could provide. I called cornish x a smaller breed because to be classified as a 'cornish rock hen', their dress weight must be under 2 lbs. After that, it's boiler/fryer, roaster etc.. same kind of chicken, just different weights. So you're right, they aren't a real small breed, persay, I apologize for that statement. :] I've never thought raising meats in tight confines was cruel, they don't live long enough 'to notice' for lack of better word.

Back
Top Bottom