How many chickens can fit in an Omelet cube, large?

The coop, not the run. Run is great!
I'm not realistically going to keep them in the coop the entire time. At max, I'm only keeping them in at night and maybe early morning. Most of the time I'm putting them in the run
Found this on a random reviewers website:
View attachment 3147645

And (from eyeballing it), the run can be tripled in size depend in which version you get.

So, MATHS TIME!
5.08 x 7.25 feet = 36.8 sq feet run *roughly tripled for the big version, so estimated 100sq feet
3.25 x 3.08 feet = 10 sq feet coop

Gold standard for measurements that you will see on this site is..
4 sq feet of coop per full sized chicken (2.5 chickens)
10 sq feet of run per full sized chicken (3.6 chickens)
10 inches of roostbar per full sized chicken (unclear on roost bar location, thinking likely 3 foot, so round 3-4 chickens here)
1 nestbox per 3-4 chickens, but would strongly suggest at least 3 boxes available (unclear on how many this has... maybe one?)

So, with this information. I would probably not put full sized chickens into this at all. I would likely go with bantoms and aim for 3-4.
I think it actually has like 2? I have things I haven't put in the coop yet because I didn't actually assemble the 13 ft run, I think it might be 2, I haven't checked the boxes.

Forgot to put this in my first post, but I think it deserves a separate post... what is going on with the ventilation on this thing? If this picture is accurate to the product, that's going to be either suffocation or cooking. Keep this thing 100% in the shade! Maybe install a fan to add better airflow even.
I bought a fan, I have a look thing set up so there's at least water that's to cool them (like, I read you can give a little mudbath area?) But I also have it in a double shade spot. So they have shade on top of shade from the run.

I have it under a shadey location, but also I have "roof" above them. I wanted to really be anal about the shade

(Ignore the attachment Im on mobile and couldn't exit out)

If you can return it, do so. As @nuthatched said, Craigslist has better offerings. You could always modify your dog kennel to be a coop/run combo. You'd need little plywood, some hardware cloth, and metal roof panels, and some 2 x 4s for roosts.
I honestly tried Craigslist before and the area I'm in unfortunately does not have coops for sale. Or at least, things that aren't entirely tractor supply. I saw one or two but like, I never got answered back. :/

If you can return it, do so. As @nuthatched said, Craigslist has better offerings. You could always modify your dog kennel to be a coop/run combo. You'd need little plywood, some hardware cloth, and metal roof panels, and some 2 x 4s for roosts.
@Weeg found one that looked like a moldy dumpster on craigslist :gig it said something like “Cheap, good condition”

I'm not realistically going to keep them in the coop the entire time. At max, I'm only keeping them in at night and maybe early morning. Most of the time I'm putting them in the run
Chickens will choose to stay in their coop during bad weather. This recent winter, there was probably a week straight that none of my girls stepped outside. This also comes with the fact that food and water had to be stored in the coop with them, taking up even more floor space.
I read you can give a little mudbath area?
I'm currently providing my flock a tub with about an inch of water so they can get their feet wet. Unsure if they will even use it, but just trying various things to try to help them through the current heatwave. But generally they prefer dry stuff. They will dust bathe, so you will want to either allow them to dig the grass completely away so they can roll around in that, or provide them some container with dirt/sand.

@Weeg found one that looked like a moldy dumpster on craigslist :gig it said something like “Cheap, good condition”
Most of the ones Ive been finding are prefab ones either that are dirty as hell, overpriced from tractor supply (like they bought it and then they sold it) or they're from really weird shadey places that apparently have bad reviews from on their website

Ive seen some decent looking coops that are listed for sale, but then they do not respond either. So I thought honestly buying a coop prefab and then just fixing up a better run where they'd be mostly at instead (because I don't want them in the coop so much, I don't plan on keeping the door closed unless it's night) would've been decent until I gathered the resources to fully build something I am comfortable since I bought it at half price and not from the store itself

Chickens will choose to stay in their coop during bad weather. This recent winter, there was probably a week straight that none of my girls stepped outside. This also comes with the fact that food and water had to be stored in the coop with them, taking up even more floor space.

I'm currently providing my flock a tub with about an inch of water so they can get their feet wet. Unsure if they will even use it, but just trying various things to try to help them through the current heatwave. But generally they prefer dry stuff. They will dust bathe, so you will want to either allow them to dig the grass completely away so they can roll around in that, or provide them some container with dirt/sand.
I haven't seen bad weather yet here, but I'll keep that in mind. Where I'm from I don't think I've seen it terribly bad in years, and that's a little scary honestly (normally there's be snow? But I've literally only seen it snow once or twice this year at max and even then it's not *huge*. Maybe 2 inches max.. My part of the state gets nothing :/ it gets cold but like, I've never seen it get bad outside of rain)

So I'll keep the weather in mind. I haven't really thought of winter given it's never been so horrid

But yeah! I've been thinking of dirt baths and things like that, making it a little drier. I haven't gotten that part yet, since I'm still securing the run currently

Honestly, these things are over priced and not really sufficient for chickens in my opinion. Agree with others you’re better off returning and getting your money back and making something yourself or modify something off of craigslist.😊

Honestly, these things are over priced and not really sufficient for chickens in my opinion. Agree with others you’re better off returning and getting your money back and making something yourself or modify something off of craigslist.😊
I would return it, but unfortunately I have no means to. I paid it not from eglu the site so I got everything but I didn't actually pay for it from their site. I paid 600, so like half of the coop price (I got the 13ft extension so it'd be roughly 1300, but I didn't pay for it) Part of me wants to use it as a temporary coop and then get a more perma coop a bit later because I unfortunately do not have the means to actually return it. So I'm kinda stuck in that regard

I am currently trying to find a plan for a new coop because I saw it in person and I thought it was weird, but for now I'm unfortunately kind of stuck with it so I can't actually return the coop

I would return it, but unfortunately I have no means to. I paid it not from eglu the site so I got everything but I didn't actually pay for it from their site. I paid 600, so like half of the coop price (I got the 13ft extension so it'd be roughly 1300, but I didn't pay for it) Part of me wants to use it as a temporary coop and then get a more perma coop a bit later because I unfortunately do not have the means to actually return it. So I'm kinda stuck in that regard

I am currently trying to find a plan for a new coop because I saw it in person and I thought it was weird, but for now I'm unfortunately kind of stuck with it so I can't actually return the coop
Understandable! Hope you can make the best of it.❤️

The cube coop would fit a maximum of 4 adult chickens, depending on their size. 3 adults if they're orpington/sussex/plymouth rock etc and 4 adult if they're production reds/leghorn etc.
I have the omlet go which I use as a broody coop, and I have seen and inspected the cube myself in person.
The ventilation is alright (it's sort of hidden) but not for summertime with the coop door shut in my opinion.
I have been happy with my omlet go for the purpose I got it for - one adult hen and her chicks. It is robust, easy to maintain and very easy to clean. I like I can shut the door and know they are secure in there, which is harder to do with my other broody set ups (plastic dog kennels and other wooden prefabs).
I won't speak to the runs as I consider all of the runs to be too small, but I use large runs (90 square meters for 11 chickens).

Back
Top Bottom