How many chickens can fit

If you go by a general guideline of 4sq ft of coop space per chicken, then a 7x7 coop *should* accommodate 12 chickens.

But. That's a guideline. Having generous outdoor space is necessary too.
okay
they have plenty o space
they free range 20ish acers
A turkey would likely require 2 to 3 times the space.
okay so if i sold 3 chickens i could get one turkey
cool!!!!

I have read that turkeys and chickens are a bad mix for 2 reasons:

First, chickens can carry the parasite that causes the Blackhead disease in turkeys.

Second, turkeys can be aggressive to chickens -- even killing them -- especially if crowded.

Additionally, keeping only one turkey would give you a sad, lonely bird without the company of it's kind. :(

Best go to the turkey section of the forums and get information from the experts there about how many turkeys you need for a proper flock and how best to house them. :)

I have read that turkeys and chickens are a bad mix for 2 reasons:

First, chickens can carry the parasite that causes the Blackhead disease in turkeys.

Second, turkeys can be aggressive to chickens -- even killing them -- especially if crowded.

Additionally, keeping only one turkey would give you a sad, lonely bird without the company of it's kind. :(

Best go to the turkey section of the forums and get information from the experts there about how many turkeys you need for a proper flock and how best to house them. :)
Okay
I also don't plan on getting turkeys soon
I was just curious

Back
Top Bottom