How Many Chickens Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by roostersandhens, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Hi just wondering How Many Chickens do you have? I have 23

2. onedoodle3

onedoodle3 Chillin' With My Peeps

We have 5....4 hens (1 Buff Orp, 3 production Reds) and 1 rooster (Buff Orp also.) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Just a few pics of my babies..

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    I started with 2 SLW laying hens 4 years ago. Then the following year i got 6 sex link chicks. Now I have 20 chicks that were hatched on Christmas, so that brings it up to 28. But about 8-9 of the chicks are roosters, so they will go to freezer camp.

4. hennyandpenny

hennyandpenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    i currently have 11 but getting in two orders so by the 20 of march i will have 63. ( i had an original order not go through so i had to order half of them one day at one hatchery and then go to another hatchery and buy the rest.... fun!)

5. brezlynsmom

brezlynsmom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    Oh I think I have around 160. I haven't counted lately always buyi, selling and hatching around here.

6. critterwhisper

critterwhisper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2013
    I have 21: 6 black sex links,5 red sexlinks,4RIR,2 buff orps,2 light brahmas,2 americanas :) also went to the feed store today and only came out with trash bags,,it was hard- but with two brooders going on right now i debated(they have silkies and polish in now) i am proud of myself lol! :) :) :)

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    19 at the moment - 11 different breeds. Near the end of March I will be adding 25 Cornish X plus 5 turkeys.

8. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Including chicks 11. I have 21 due to hatch soon but you know what they say, don't count your chickens before your eggs hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by