how many chickens in west covina california

Here's the 6-27 animal nuisance one, I looked it up for you and you can get introuble for your rooster just as they can get introuble for their dog if they "disturb anyone's peace and quiet"

Last edited:
I looked up the zoning: permitted uses 26-391 too and I think you're allowed up to 24 and I think your city has certain zones where you are allowed to have farm animals like r-1 and r-a but this whole code was longer and confusing for me lol

dont trust animal control if you call and ask they lie. i called city hall they said 25 but she said they pretty much dont care as long as they dont smell. they do have ot be 20 feet from your neighbors. no roosters allowed. but however i have a rooster and if animal control every shows up im going to tell them to go f*** themselves. they couldnt show up about our neighbors aggressive dog yet they'll bug me about a harmless rooster. animal control has seem my chickens when one lady was out about an incident we had in a dog park. i asked her she too said as long as you dont have a crap load and they dont stink your fine. so just take good care of them and you can pretty much have as many as you want. especially if you bribe your neighbors with eggs. i have about 30 and my neighbor two doors down had no clue i had any.
Do you still have chickens? I live in Covina and curious if there are any local chicken groups.

Back
Top Bottom