1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many different hatching dates.....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lilcritters, Dec 25, 2011.

1. lilcritters

lilcritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    can you have in one incubator? I have a small LG one and was just curious. Like I set 9 eggs last Thursday. I would like to set more but don't want them to sit for the 3 weeks waiting for the ones cooking to hatch.

April

2. lilcritters

lilcritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2011
    White Church Missouri
    Bumpy...

3. billiejo21

billiejo21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Hoping someone with more experience than me can step in, I have two bators...one to incubate and one to hatch....

4. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Staggered hatches are a disaster. When some are in lockdown, others need to be turned. Some need high humidity while the younger ones need lower humidity. It's all in all a bad idea.

5. ICallMyselfCherie'

ICallMyselfCherie' Chillin' With My Peeps

Typically you're only supposed to hatch one batch at a time, and three days before hatch you go into lockdown. But honestly, I've done tons of staggered hatches and have been fine. Just make sure you stop turning the older eggs three days before hatch as normal, but continue turning the younger eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by