How many duck eggs did you EAT today?

I still have potatoes from last year's harvest, so it was time for some beans-soup:
full

No Dux-Eggs though…

Back to the daily ham, salami and duck-egg sandwich for breakfast. I manage to flawlessly operate the egg-boiler yesterday evening and have now boiled eggs for the next five days…
what exactly is an egg boiler? I just use a regular old pot on top of the stove. Fill it with water and add a few eggs… or perhaps a few dozen… if I use a really big pot

what exactly is an egg boiler? I just use a regular old pot on top of the stove. Fill it with water and add a few eggs… or perhaps a few dozen… if I use a really big pot
A really big pot full of boiling water!? - I would definitely manage to burn down the house with that! And then would have to ask the dux if i can move in with them… 😜
I see, its called an egg-cooker here in the USA:
1713934448038.png

And i have boiling the eggs down to an art with mine: The air-bubble must be at the top (not like in the picture) and it must be poked so that the eggs won't burst. And then the amount of water must be measured to the exact amount of H2O molecules to boil the egg yolks creamy! A container with ice-water next to the egg-cooker ensures the immediate preservation of that state by rapidly cooling down the eggs when the cooking process is finished.
Dux eggs must be perfect for my breakfast samich!

None because I'm saving them for hatching, BUT, when I'm not I plan on soft boiling all of them and marinating them.
I just discovered mayak eggs and I am obsessed. I don't know why but sometimes eggs just give me the ick, I want them, they always smell good, but once I'm served eggs I have a hard time eating them. This recipe changed my life and I am an egg addict now.
https://www.theforkbite.com/mayak-eggs/

Back
Top Bottom