How many eggs did you get in 2011?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by trunkman, Jan 3, 2012.

1. trunkman

trunkman Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    I've been keeping track of the eggs I get every day throughout the year and write it on my calender, I started last year with 11 laying hens and added 11 more chicks in March which started to lay in late July. I ended up with a total of 2928 eggs in 2011, how many eggs did you get from how many hens last year? [​IMG]

2. OC closet chicken fan

OC closet chicken fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    so. cal orange county
    my 5 girls are june 2011 babies... 3 already laying... first lay day was December 17th, darkish brown egg... followed by blue eggs... then white eggs... total is 26 for 2011. [​IMG]

3. RaZ

RaZ Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Caseville, MI
    From 6 chicks (now 38 weeks), I got 286 eggs over 109 laying days.

4. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    So you're just starting to eat fresh eggs, congrats, aren't they great!! [​IMG]
    Quote:

5. feathersnuggles

feathersnuggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Seattle
    5 hens (hatched late April 2009).
    One died Sept. 2011, so we had only 4 til the year-end.

In 2011, all together, they laid a total of 672 eggs.

6. OC closet chicken fan

OC closet chicken fan Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    so. cal orange county
    oh!... home-grown fresh eggs are the best! wifey needed a visual to convince her so i cracked a store bought egg next to one of my eggs... BOOyAH!! the proof was in the pudding. hit home for the both of us... the fresh egg was richer in color... 'denser' more orange than pale yellow and the shell wasn't pourous or thin... there was a nice 'crack' sound right before it went in to frying pan.... yummmmmmmmm over easy yum yum [​IMG] i dont' think i can go back to the store bough eggs... i was just reading the old egg cartons and i guess they ship these eggs to me in cali from....... Minnesota...? yuk

anywho... pretty impressive numbers on the egg count gang... so looking forward to egg counting in 2012! best wishes to yall

7. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Had from around 50 hens to over 200 at any given time. Averaged 61 laying age hens.

8. Linn Bee

Linn Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

My 10 girls were born May 17th. I got my first egg on October 30th. Since then I have gotten 26 dozen plus 6 eggs in 2011. That comes to 318 eggs -- not counting the shell-less or broken few.

Delicious? That's for sure! I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy store bought again.

9. TroutsChicks

TroutsChicks Fluffy Stuffins

Jun 5, 2011
    baxter Tn
    my girls laid their first egg 9/29/11 since then I have gotten 780 eggs from 16 girls!! They are not even a year old [​IMG]

10. trunkman

Dec 26, 2009
    Rock Hill SC
    Love all the responses!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by