How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Just curious, does anyone on here use an app like Flockstar? It’s great for a small flock! I enter the eggs each day, and which chicken laid them. You can put their birthday, breed, name. Then you can enter each eggs, but you can also take pics of one or many eggs, and also their weights if you are weird like me with that! 😂

One egg today, from the same pullet. She’s at 4 eggs out of 5 days now! Today’s egg was 6g bigger than all the rest. I think this will be helpful to see how big they get, and then compare when we have another new layer. I wouldn’t do all this if I had more hens, but I am a data geek & I think it’s pretty cool! I can’t wait til the rest are laying!
I will have to check it out. I have just been using an Excel spreadsheet.

I got 9 today.

45 chickens. 0 eggs. It's a problem.

I need to find the various threads i posted in about this, but we have at least somewhat solved our problem. We used to feed them in the morning and sometimes at lunch, plus freerange and kitchen leftoverd. We have now invested in a set of all day feeders so they can go back to their run and get food whenever they want. We went from averaging 2 to 3 eggs a day to 6-8 a day after a week, so i think this was the issue.

We also think at least one is laying in the alpaca shed and that the dogs are eating it before we find it. No evidence except a bowl shape in the hay.

This, plus our weather, plus molting season could explain everything. I'm very curious to see what I production in the spring is like.

I'll probably just going to cut and paste this response into the various threads I asked for advice in since I dont want to retype but want to pass along success and advice for anyone else struggling with low egg production.

I'll probably just going to cut and paste this response into the various threads I asked for advice in since I dont want to retype but want to pass along success and advice for anyone else struggling with low egg production.
Low egg production after the solstice is normal. Molt and less light affects
most . 20 hens I get 2 max right now/

Back
Top Bottom