How Many Eggs Do Pheasants Lay in a Year?

Quote:
I have a total of 15 pheasants all different breeds i have 5 males and the other ten are females and i get around 10 from each so around 100 eggs a year and it depends on the breed of pheasant to if they are comfortable with being with ducks I have Melastinic Mutant Pheasants I have Chinese Ringneck Pheasant I have Red Golden Pheasant I have Lady Amherst pheasant the best of the breeds that i have are the Red Golden and the Lady Amherst and finally the Chinese Ringneck they are the friendliest towards other birds but when it comes to breeding season you need to be careful if you a have a pair to where the male pheasant may challenge the other males in the pen hope this helped! Ask anymore questions if necessary

Quote:
I have a total of 15 pheasants all different breeds i have 5 males and the other ten are females and i get around 10 from each so around 100 eggs a year and it depends on the breed of pheasant to if they are comfortable with being with ducks I have Melastinic Mutant Pheasants I have Chinese Ringneck Pheasant I have Red Golden Pheasant I have Lady Amherst pheasant the best of the breeds that i have are the Red Golden and the Lady Amherst and finally the Chinese Ringneck they are the friendliest towards other birds but when it comes to breeding season you need to be careful if you a have a pair to where the male pheasant may challenge the other males in the pen hope this helped! Ask anymore questions if necessary
Thanks

I have the ring neck pheasants and 2 of my 4 hens layed an egg a day for7 1/2 months. They started in March and ended late October first of November

Hi, I'm thinking of getting pheasants. Are they good for egg production? And do they get along with ducks
Depends on what breed you are talking about.Ringnecks are your best for egg production as they lay every day.You could get 40-50 eggs per hen per season.
I would not keep them with ducks as ducks like to make a mees with their water and this will make your birds look messy,plus water makes bacteria grow and you don't want pheasants near any bacteria.
In N.H.,Tony.

Back
Top Bottom