How many eggs do you get from your Easter Eggers per week?

Did you find that hatchery birds over birds from an individual breeder made a difference in egg production? Thanks!
I think I know where your going with this, so:

It depends on what the breeder is breeding for. Many breed to SOP and not egg production. Your best bet if your wanting colored eggs to sell to your customers is to order some EEs from a hatchery. You’ll typically get various shades of green from Hatchery EEs.
I sell color pack eggs also and I currently have dark brown, brown, tinted, white and various shades of green. In the brooder, I’ve got more white leghorns, 3 Ameraucanas(for hopefully blue eggs) and Welsummers for brown speckled eggs. The point is even if the EEs aren’t record setting in egg production, 3 or 4 green eggs in your carton will still look good in your to your customers.
Hope that helps. :D

I have an Americauna and 2 EE, but all the eggs look the same minty-blue color. I usually get 2 a day, sometimes 3 a day, and rarely 1 a day. I might get one a day one day a week if that makes sense. I'd say my welsummer, EEs, barred rock, and Buff Brahmas are my best egg layers while my exchequer leghorn, Partridge Penedesenca, and black cochin are my worst. The welsummer lays probably 6 a week so I'd put her at the top for being the best!

It depends on what the breeder is breeding for. Many breed to SOP and not egg production. Your best bet if your wanting colored eggs to sell to your customers is to order some EEs from a hatchery. You’ll typically get various shades of green from Hatchery EEs.
I sell color pack eggs also and I currently have dark brown, brown, tinted, white and various shades of green. In the brooder, I’ve got more white leghorns, 3 Ameraucanas(for hopefully blue eggs) and Welsummers for brown speckled eggs. The point is even if the EEs aren’t record setting in egg production, 3 or 4 green eggs in your carton will still look good in your to your customers.
That’s great feedback! Thanks so much😃

If you don’t mind me asking how much do you sell your eggs for?

If you don’t mind me asking how much do you sell your eggs for?
$2.00 a dozen or $3.00 for an 18 pack. But price varies greatly on your location.
Edit: and what I make on eggs covers the feed costs and I make a little profit. I just used the money I make off the eggs to split my big coop into two coops and double the run space.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom