How many eggs should chickens lay per day???

Quote:
That seems entirely more likely. We have had hens lay as late as 4:30 pm local time, especially when they are first starting.

I thought this at first. I guess if I only had 3 yesterday, someone laid another to make 5 today...but what about 6 one day and 7 the next? I really only started keeping track the past week or so. I didn't pay much attention to their production earlier. Now I'm just curious. It doesn't seem too unbelievable to me really. These breeds (of mine) were designed for heavy egg production. Think about the women who take fertility meds and end up with 10 babies or even just the very natural twin and triplets.
hu.gif

I am a bit confused. I have 4 average sized chickens in my back yard. They have the run of the yard which is about 400sqm. Recently they have started laying lots of eggs. Sunday afternoon i went down and collected 8 eggs from there nest which i thought is quite a lot as they usually only have 4-5 per day but then 2 days later when i went to collect the eggs there were 13. Every one i ask has said not possible, they could not lay that many so i wonder am i getting egg fairies??? They are nesting so does this make them lay more??
Well weirdly yesterday in 11hrs i got 6eggs from same chicken

Back
Top Bottom