how many eggs should i get from 13 females daily?

That's not unusual if they've just started laying. It can take them a little while to get into the swing of things. Adding vitamins to their water and fresh greens sometimes seems to help. But as long as they have the correct food & a bowl of grit I wouldn't worry.

12 sq ft for 15 birds is close quarters, especially with 2 males. In a pen that size I would keep maybe 1 male and 6-8 females, remember that bowls and feeders take away from floor space. A small enclosure with males tussling can stress the hens and affect laying. I have all kinds of colors and sizes from many different sources and they all lay about 6 eggs per week in their prime. After about a year of age, I’ve noticed some have slowed down to maybe 4-5 per week.

the jumbos are over 14 weeks, and the Italians are 12 weeks. I have them on grow feed, but i give them oyster shell in a bucket on the side for them to supplement their own calcium

i do have another group that is growing from Myshires farm, all jumbo this time. there is 25 or so in a grow out hutch... waiting to see how many of them are male and female... i will slowly cull the Italians. (even tho they are so pretty!)

I have three hens in a 2’x4’ cage and I get five eggs a day. Two of my hens lay double every day. It did take them a few weeks to get going.

finally got 13 eggs in one day! the past couple weeks the numbers of eggs have gone up slowly. from 10... 11, to 13!
I did add some probiotics to their water, i wonder if that boosted their system up?

Back
Top Bottom