How many eggs will be in your Thanksgiving menu?

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by maizey, Nov 24, 2010.

1. maizey

maizey Chillin' With My Peeps

My chicks aren't laying yet and unfortunately ive had to buy supermarket eggs. Got me to thinking though about you all seasoned chicken keepers and how you will be using your lovely eggs on the feast day tomorrow. There are 2 in my sweet potato casserole, there will be 4 in a cheese pudding recipe that I found on a fellow byc blog (the wanna be country girl) There will be 5 in a white chocolate bread pudding recipe and to top it all off, my son requested deviled eggs so I will do another 8 or so in that. My grand total is 19 crummy store bought eggs! Can't wait to be able to go to the back yard instead of the grocery store! How will you be using your eggs and how many will you need?

2. thespinningcottage

thespinningcottage Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2009
    Arcadia, Florida
    Let's see.... not too many, actually... 3 in the cornbread, that's about it for dinner. However, lots and lots of quail eggs for breakfast Friday! [​IMG]

3. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I just made jello poke cake, and fudge....I will be making deviled eggs in a bit.

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    3 in the pecan pie, 2 in the cornbread, 12 in the deviled eggs, 2 in the potato salad, and I think that is it. Sooooo 19.

5. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    I used a dozen today.

6. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

2 1/2 dozen for deviled eggs.

7. Othylocke

Othylocke Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2010
    Dothan, AL