1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

How many guys yard sale?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gaited horse, May 28, 2011.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I'm going tomorrow any other guys do it for fun? I think I'm going to try to talk people down on prices too.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    My DH loves to yard sale! [​IMG] We get up very early and go to a restraunt here in town that has a city map as placemats. We mark all the sales with a highlighter while we eat breakfast. He makes a game out of raceing from one to the other to beat the other folks. We have a lot of fun! [​IMG]

3. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Over the years, I've come to realize that one man's junk is another man's junk.

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

5. spotstealer

spotstealer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Poynette, WI
    My DW lives for yard sales. I can't complain though, because she has bought me a ton of tools and fishing lures! Plus, she does yard sales making extra cash for vacations. I've been known to throw a few things in her sales too!

6. Dunkopf

Dunkopf Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2010
    Kiowa, Colorado
    Quote:For the most part that's the truth. Sometimes you find a rare treasure though. I have way too much to do to actually go to yard sales as a destination. I will stop if I drive by one during the course of my travels though.

7. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    My mom (AOB) Loves to yardsale. Me on the other hand, no. lol, She went to a free one Today in Boones mill/FC. She brought back a TON of babyclothes/kitchen items/quilts/shoes/ect......But i will admit, You save alot of money by going to yardsales insted of Walmart!

8. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I got a good haul today. I hope there are more in two weeks.

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Get anything good??

10. gaited horse

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Get anything good??

A fan for the rabbit barn, a couple stuffed animals for the dogs, a fake Christmas tree for my Mom and a weird wine chime thing for my Mom for her B-day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by