How many here are actual backyarders vs. Farmers?

Less than 10th of an acre, including the room the house takes up. We are outlaws in the city limits but we bribe our neighbors (who are great). We also have a tilapia tank (150 gallon), hydroponics, aquaponics and regular gardens. Our two coops and all the rest of our tiny farm make our backyard quite the maze to walk through, but it's well worth it to have the girls and all of the fruits and vegetables.

Some day I hope I will be able to say we are small farmers. So we are backyarders.

Less than 10th of an acre, including the room the house takes up. We are outlaws in the city limits but we bribe our neighbors (who are great). We also have a tilapia tank (150 gallon), hydroponics, aquaponics and regular gardens. Our two coops and all the rest of our tiny farm make our backyard quite the maze to walk through, but it's well worth it to have the girls and all of the fruits and vegetables.

Some day I hope I will be able to say we are small farmers. So we are backyarders.

I'm a farmer, in that I live on a farm and have responsibilities to a herd of cattle.

However: I'm also a suburban back-yarder, in the sense that I'm new to chickens, doing it as a hobby, and am surrounded by suburban neighbors. Welcome to farming in Puget Sound country.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
ponygrl6!

i think im a backyarder, even though i have horses, they get most of 29/78total acres in their horse pen, but since i have no choice until i grow up, i have to let my chickens live on an acre of land that my parents chose for them. that is MY land, so i only have one technical acre of land , making it, iguess, my backyard, making me a backyarder? gosh, i'm confusing myself with all this smart talk.

Back
Top Bottom