How many of you really think it is possible??

Quote:
For the thrill of it, try it, YOU WILL LIKE IT.
big_smile.png

Almost every part on any commercially produced aircraft is manufactured by the lowest bidder. Just something to think about.

Hate to hijack the thread, but I have 409 jumps...How about you?

Just a few.

Quote:
I think the closest we came was the Cuban Missile Crisis. Khrushchev was convinced the young and inexperienced Kennedy would blink when challenged, probably because Kennedy failed to follow through with the promised air support for the Bay of Pigs invasion. What would have happened if he had provided the promised air support, I have no idea. Can you imagine Vietnam 90 miles from the US coast? Anyway, when Kennedy did not blink, Khrushchev realized his bluff was called. I was grateful.

I know this is a simplified version, but I am a simple person.

Last edited:
Makes you realize how detached we are from the realities of a real threat. Missiles 90 miles from shore is scary stuff. They must have had the B52-S up and loaded, ready for that one way trip. I was in diapers back then. Our popultion knew what it was like to be in Western Germany and the rest of Europe. At least in the USA they said we would have about 45 minutes to find shelter or go to ground zero. I lived in Denver back then. The plan was to drive down to Cheyenne Mountain in Colorado springs and watch the warheads hit. During the Reagan era we both had so many missiles that there was a guarantee of no winners or MADD as they used to call it. He did outspend the Russkies though. Made their system collapse and ended the Cold War for the most part. Also made severe deficit spending a normal part of the government way of operating.

I was glad he did it. The Cold War made planning for your future less exciting

I am sorry the idea of Soros being anywhere near the threat that Rupert Murdoch is has me rolling!!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Soros does not have nearly enough money to be that much of a threat and none of the international control over communication that Murdoch has. Murdoch does not even pretend he does not have political ambition. Soros may be deluding himself that he is doing what is in the best interest of the people, but at least that is what he thinks. Murdoch is quite open about the fact that his goal is to serve himself and himself only.

barnie.gif

I think Soros is a serious threat. After all he is at the top of Glenn Becks chalk board. Glenn Beck is the absolute authority when it comes to the US. He knows everything and Murdoch pays him a lot of money because he knows so much.

Goebels, I mean Murdoch isn't a threat. It's just his billions and his control of the hate machine that's a threat.

I have not made my way through all of it, but it is a very interesting read. It is interesting to see how they perceive their role as regards to national security. This has been an interesting thread. I'll put out a few exerpts and comments, hoping to keep it alive and stir some interest, hopefully without causing it to be shut down. These are excerpts. If you read the article, you can get the background behind them.

For over six decades the U.S. has underwritten the “hidden export” of global security for the great trading nations of the world, yet global and domestic pressures will dramatically impact the defense budget in the face of rising debt and trade imbalances. This may diminish this service which is of great benefit to the international community. In this world, new security exporters may rise, each having opinions and objectives that differ from the global norms and conventions that we have encouraged since our own emergence as a great power a century ago. Moreover, they will increasingly have the power to underwrite their own not-so-hidden export of military power.

A catch 22. Do we continue to spend a great portion of our national treasure so we remain the strongest nation on earth, or do we require other nations to provide global defense, which means we are more militarily vulnerable. Consider who will have the ability and interests in providing a global police service. Would you prefer them than us?

Absent a major increase in the relative reliance on alternative energy sources (which would require vast insertions of capital, dramatic changes in technology, and altered political attitudes toward nuclear energy), oil and coal will continue to drive the energy train. By the 2030s, oil requirements could go from 86 to 118 million barrels a day (MBD). Although the use of coal may decline in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) countries, it will more than double in developing nations. Fossil fuels will still make up 80% of the energy mix in the 2030s, with oil and gas comprising upwards of 60%. The central problem for the coming decade will not be a lack of petroleum reserves, but rather a shortage of drilling platforms, engineers and refining capacity.

In other words, in their opinion, we cannot drill our way out of it.

The presence of Chinese “civilians” in the Sudan to guard oil pipelines underlines China’s concern for protecting its oil supplies and could portend a future in which other states intervene in Africa to protect scarce resources. The implications for future conflict are ominous, if energy supplies cannot keep up with demand and should states see the need to militarily secure dwindling energy resources.

I’ve seen vast numbers of Chinese civilians working in Angola, building that countries infrastructure in exchange for oil.

For example, the contribution of U.S. and partner forces to relieve the distress caused by the catastrophic Pacific tsunami of December 2004 reversed the perceptions of America held by many Indonesians. Perhaps no other mission performed by the Joint Force provides so much benefit to the interests of the United States at so little cost.

Indonesia has more Muslims than any country in the world. For those that want to blindly cut foreign aid, maybe this hints at why I do not like any blind or blanket cuts, in foreign aid or anywhere else. I think cuts as well as expenses should be weighed on an individual basis.

I'm not going to say I agree with everything they have in this article, but I think they have a whole lot of it down pretty well.

I've made my way to the water section. Having children is not a good idea. The world doesn't sound like it will be a very friendly place by 2030. So far this report is scary. Of course it is the military and they have to prepare for worst case scenario. It still sounds very plausible though.

Back
Top Bottom