How many Peahen eggs have you guys gotten so far???

I only have 2 hens and they have laid 26 eggs so far. They are on their 4th cycle of starting and stopping. I want them to STOP !!!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY MORE EGGS UNTIL NEXT YEAR !!!!!! :hit

STATS OF EGG INCUBATING AND HATCHING.
Cycle # 1- Laid 4 eggs. Incubated all 4 eggs. 3 eggs hatched. 1 egg did not hatch but the pea was fully developed. Not sure what happened.

Cycle #2 - Laid 10 eggs. Sold all 10 eggs to a customer. They contacted me and told me that 9 eggs were fertile and 1 was not. All 9 peas were fully formed but did not hatch. :mad: I was SOOOO HURT!

Cycle #3 - Laid 4 eggs. Eggs are in the incubator right now. Lockdown is Sunday. Hatch day is Wednesday of next week.

Cycle #4 - Laid 8 eggs so far. I may put them in the incubator if I don't sell them.

So the stats so far are............. 13 out of 14 eggs (Cycle #1 & #2) were fertile. Only 1 egg that was not fertile. Buyer was not able to have a successful hatch on the Cycle #2 eggs. He lost all 9 peas still in the shell.

Last edited:
My three hens have laid 53 eggs so far, all three still laying.
big_smile.png
-Kathy
What are you going to do with all of the eggs? :oops:

I am still waiting to 5 to hatch in my incubator and 4 to hatch under one of my hens, I hatched 42 eggs out of 64 so far the last hatches will be my final and I will have a hatch count out of the 64 for the year.

Last edited:
I only have 2 hens and they have laid 26 eggs so far. They are on their 4th cycle of starting and stopping. I want them to STOP !!!!!!! I DO NOT WANT TO SEE ANY MORE EGGS UNTIL NEXT YEAR !!!!!!
hit.gif

STATS OF EGG INCUBATING AND HATCHING.
Cycle # 1- Laid 4 eggs. Incubated all 4 eggs. 3 eggs hatched. 1 egg did not hatch but the pea was fully developed. Not sure what happened.

Cycle #2 - Laid 10 eggs. Sold all 10 eggs to a customer. They contacted me and told me that 9 eggs were fertile and 1 was not. All 9 peas were fully formed but did not hatch.
somad.gif
I was SOOOO HURT!

Cycle #3 - Laid 4 eggs. Eggs are in the incubator right now. Lockdown is Sunday. Hatch day is Wednesday of next week.

Cycle #4 - Laid 8 eggs so far. I may put them in the incubator if I don't sell them.

So the stats so far are............. 13 out of 14 eggs (Cycle #1 & #2) were fertile. Only 1 egg that was not fertile. Buyer was not able to have a successful hatch on the Cycle #2 eggs. He lost all 9 peas still in the shell.
I Hope my 10 eggs hatch, 5 look really good, see a few veins. 4 are very dark inside hope they are alive, can not see veins.

I am still waiting to 5 to hatch in my incubator and 4 to hatch under one of my hens, I hatched 42 eggs out of 64 so far the last hatches will be my final and I will have a hatch count out of the 64 for the year.
Hope they hatch
fl.gif

So far I have exactly 195 eggs (had 192 but got 3 more today) and counting. But what happens when said and done is different. Lost 25 in one incubator incident. 23 hatched (24 is hatching now), 21 were from the 2 year olds in center pen so far all are not fertile but there are no fertile males in with them cause the males are 2 yrs old as well. 3 incubators are holding 77 eggs and still have 32 waiting to go in. 16 eggs either were not fertile or did not make it to hatch and were removed from the incubators according to my record keeping
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yoda> Just have to ask. Do you sell your babies are do you raise all of these and sell or place them as adults. I had a couple of years of raising babies (not that many, maybe 12) and then another year of raising babies and all of a sudden we were covered in feathers :) so I sold some of my hens and one of the two cocks that was mature. NOW, all of my babies have one Daddy so I am thinking I need to get another mature male for next years breeding season as all of these hens will be related to the Cock I have.

Are any of y'all located near NE Mississippi? I am new to the forum and this is my first forum ever so I don't know if asking a question like this is ok or not....hope it is... best, judy

Peas, Chickens of all flavors...lots of chickens...some Guinea fowl, two ducks ??? I know they look odd toddling around the chickens....goats, horses, dogs, cats.....and on and on it goes.

Back
Top Bottom