How many Roos do you see?

denco5

Songster
9 Years
Jun 23, 2010
Ocoee Florida
61363_chickens_on_roost.jpg

Quote:
Don't trust the people at the feed store for the most part. They are usually inexperienced, not knowledgeable or under trained when it comes to the area of chickenns. I'm sure a lot of people would agree.

Yes I agree, I have decided not to trust the signs that say "HENS" and "ROOSTERS" Now that I have what I think are at least five roos I am most likley going to have to get some more hens. I do not want to have my hens overmated or abused. There is no way I can just get rid of my roos, they are like family!

The roo in the middle with his head up high in the picture actually crowed for the first time on Saturday. He only crows when a stranger comes around, any idea if that is normal?

I do not think the Rocks are Roos at all;...unless those are 3 Barred Rocks in a row..My hens had huge combs!

Last edited:
Yes they are three in a row. I do not see pointed saddle feathers on the Barred Rocks though, isn't that a sign of a rooster? These two Barred Rocks have rounded saddle feathers. They are much bigger and grayer than the other Barred Rock I have

Back
Top Bottom