How many vitamins is too much?

Yes you can overdo vitamins.

I give new Chicks Poultry Nutri-Drench for 10 days, following directions on the bottle.

I only mix 1 quart at a time, so - shake well and measure. Water should be at room temperature.
1-4 days old, 2 Tablespoons in a Quart of water.
5-14 days, 1 Tablespoon per Quart, shake well.
Only give for 10 days straight.

A fresh Chick Starter-Grower feed has all the Vitamins, Minerals and Protein in the proper amounts for Chicks. GC

Yes you can. The feed you give is designed to provide the nutrition your chicks need. If you're not giving anything else they should be fine without added vitamins.
Well, the chick was born with a heavy head and couldn't walk. We gave her a couple drops of poly vi sol for a couple days and she was walking, a little off balance but still walking good, pecking around and scratching. Then, all of a sudden, her head went all the way back, like stargazer. She deteriated from there within 24 hours, she stopped walking. Wonder if we gave her too much?

Yes you can overdo vitamins.

I give new Chicks Poultry Nutri-Drench for 10 days, following directions on the bottle.

I only mix 1 quart at a time, so - shake well and measure. Water should be at room temperature.
1-4 days old, 2 Tablespoons in a Quart of water.
5-14 days, 1 Tablespoon per Quart, shake well.
Only give for 10 days straight.

A fresh Chick Starter-Grower feed has all the Vitamins, Minerals and Protein in the proper amounts for Chicks. GC
We tried that too. Just let the dropper fall on her beak until she kind of looked like she got a little. Did that 3 x a day for 1 day then we switched to vitamin e. Mixed it with wet food. Use 3 capsules, 400 iu in her food she ate over a 24 hour period. She actually ate about 75% of the food

Well, the chick was born with a heavy head and couldn't walk. We gave her a couple drops of poly vi sol for a couple days and she was walking, a little off balance but still walking good, pecking around and scratching. Then, all of a sudden, her head went all the way back, like stargazer. She deteriated from there within 24 hours, she stopped walking. Wonder if we gave her too much?
I believe in her case she needs vitamin B.
@casportpony or @Kiki might can you help with this chick?

We tried that too. Just let the dropper fall on her beak until she kind of looked like she got a little. Did that 3 x a day for 1 day then we switched to vitamin e. Mixed it with wet food. Use 3 capsules, 400 iu in her food she ate over a 24 hour period. She actually ate about 75% of the food
Can you take a short video of her and upload it to YouTube and link it here?
A few pictures?

Can you give a baby chick too many vitamins? Like poly vi sol or nitro drench or vitamin E?
Use 3 capsules, 400 iu in her food she ate over a 24 hour period. She actually ate about 75% of the food
You gave 3 capsules of 400IU of what?

Post some photos of the chick. She was born with a heavy head?
Star Gazing/Wry Neck in a just hatched chick, I would try giving PND at a rate of 2-3 drops twice a day.

IF you wish to give vitamin E and B Complex, instead of the PND, then give 400IU of E and 1/4 tablet of B-Complex. She needs hydrated and to be fed too. Vitamin E is not water soluble like B vitamins, so you can overdose.

I'm sorry your chick is not well. It can be distressing with just hatched chicks = sometimes they have a deformity which they cannot overcome so the large heavy head may be the cause instead of vitamin deficiency.

Back
Top Bottom