How many

Hi there, we need more info.
Do you plan on constantly breeding with your own with a rooster? Cycling birds? 1 as an egg producer really isn't the best way to go about it, your average hen only lays 3-4 times a week, it would be best if you cycled at least 3 in and out with each batch.
Many people will hatch in the spring, grow out and harvest the meaties in the fall and keep a few layers and a roo over winter for the next generation until the next fall

So I was thinking of cycling every quarter instead of every season to lower the amount of birds I'm processing at a time. I was thinking adding one hen each quarter would be a good healthy system for the egg layers.

I'm getting the eggs from my current flock. Really I was hoping they would eventually naturally produce. BUT, alas, I guess I will incubate. I had a hard hit this last year so my duck flock is currently two hens and one drake, ideally I would want four hens. But we will get there. And I'm hoping to have one rooster with three hens. And keep getting a new flock every quarter eat then continuously cycle.
Hi there, we need more info.
Do you plan on constantly breeding with your own with a rooster? Cycling birds? 1 as an egg producer really isn't the best way to go about it, your average hen only lays 3-4 times a week, it would be best if you cycled at least 3 in and out with each batch.
Many people will hatch in the spring, grow out and harvest the meaties in the fall and keep a few layers and a roo over winter for the next generation until the next fa

Back
Top Bottom