Votes: 3 15.0%
  • 15$

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • 20$

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • 25$ or more

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Price varies on breed and how much money you have invested into them. If you are trying to turn a profit by hatching or raising chicks to point of lay pullets they will be more expensive than say someone who buys 4 month old pullets and turns around and sells them.

Price varies on breed and how much money you have invested into them. If you are trying to turn a profit by hatching or raising chicks to point of lay pullets they will be more expensive than say someone who buys 4 month old pullets and turns around and sells them.

Yes I understand about how much money you put into them and when you buy them and the breed are all factors for the cost. For a run of the mill breed and from hatch to laying hen how much are they worth?

It's going to depend on your local market. In some places people want fancy layers and are willing to pay a premium price; in others buyers want high production birds at a bargain price. You will have to find out what's selling in your area.

Yes I understand about how much money you put into them and when you buy them and the breed are all factors for the cost. For a run of the mill breed and from hatch to laying hen how much are they worth?
Run of the mill? You mean hatchery stock/sourced birds I assume.
If you are looking to make a profit on these birds then you must raise hundreds of birds and buy feed by the truckload. Otherwise you are going to have to sell them for $25+ a pullet.

I have bantam speckled Sussex, Crele Orpington, and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes! If any one is familiar with these breeds and knows how much hatching eggs chicks etc are worth I would love to know!!! I just got back into selling chickens again so its been awhile!

Back
Top Bottom