How Much DE (Diatomaceous Earth) Should I Feed My Chickens

Hi everyone, just wanted to check with some other Canadians if this is food grade DE or not? Thank you

I am not Canadian but I use this brand of DE. Yes it is food grade. I get mine at Tractor Supply and always buy the 40 lb bag (cheaper)..but I also have somewhere to store it so it keeps moisture out. I have been using this for my 27 girls, different breeds. I mix it in with their feed in a big container. I use "1 lb. DE" to "50 lbs. feed". Roughly 2% DE to feed. I also use DE to dust in the coop...roost bars, flooring, next boxes, etc. Veterinarians swear by this stuff, as do farmers in my area up here. My girls are healthy and happy.

1f44d.png
Me too!

I am not Canadian but I use this brand of DE. Yes it is food grade. I get mine at Tractor Supply and always buy the 40 lb bag (cheaper)..but I also have somewhere to store it so it keeps moisture out. I have been using this for my 27 girls, different breeds. I mix it in with their feed in a big container. I use "1 lb. DE" to "50 lbs. feed". Roughly 2% DE to feed. I also use DE to dust in the coop...roost bars, flooring, next boxes, etc. Veterinarians swear by this stuff, as do farmers in my area up here. My girls are healthy and happy.

Perfect! Thank you

Hi

Can I use Diatomaceous Earth to give in my chickens

Can I mix 1- 1/2 cups on 50 lbs of food ?/

thank you so much

-Jorge

Quote:

I didn't mean for it to go to this extent---my first and only initial question was how much to use and how much does it cost and weight wise how is it bought--sorry did not know it would start a snowball affect like this...???
hit.gif
OMG. I was told that I should use this in my birds feel once a month and try to get them to bath in it. I came to this site to see how much and read all this stuff. Now I am even more confused. I still don't know what to do.

OMG. I was told that I should use this in my birds feel once a month and try to get them to bath in it. I came to this site to see how much and read all this stuff. Now I am even more confused. I still don't know what to do.
I'm new at this and actually asked a question in this thread but got no reply :(. I did some research and this is what I came up with for my little flock of 6. I buy4 lb Red Lake DE from Tractor Supply for $8.00. I add some to the dust bath, coop bedding and a bit to the feed. The container says not to exceed 2% in the feed. I have noticed that the chickens poop is easier to scoop and clean off the boards.

Back
Top Bottom