How much do button quail go for in your area?

Nobody, and I mean nobody, in their right mind would ever pay those crazy prices for buttons, unless they were sold with a ton of BS/ smoke and mirrors stories to artificially inflate the price. I 100% guarantee that I could find the same birds, of equal, or better quality for 5-10 bucks each. Nobody should buy into the "superior lines", or "what it costs to raise them", snake oil sales tactics. The bloodlines to all these birds are virtually identical throughout the US. Unless of course, they lay golden eggs, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear of such claims, since similar outrageous claims are often thrown around on these forums as the truth. Fifty bucks a pair for buttons, puhleeeeeeeeeze!!!

Quote:
Whoa there! You've researched and found that someone is making unsubstansiated claims? You are experienced in the genetics of button quail and can determine quality? Does your expertise come from keeping them , obtaining a degree in an ornithalogical field or both?

Are you offering opinion or fact?

(The preceding has been derived from my opinion.)

The following is factual: Here in the ABQ area, they are sold for an average of $30 per pair.

edited to correct spelling

Last edited:
Ok, without turning this into a knock down, drag out debate that I will inevitably win, let's just say that after you raise your next thousand of them, you will still need to raise a few more to catch up to what I have done with them over the course of the better part of a 4 to 5 year span of exclusively raising them. All the degrees in the world have nothing over actual hands on experience. Since you decided to "shake the bee's nest", would you care to post your credentials, so that I might be able to determine if you are capable of judging me, or up to the task of even being capable of comprehending what information that I could provide about the husbandry of these birds?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom