How Much Do Sebrights Fly

Would a sebright be able to fly over a 6ft wall into my neighbors yard? And if they can, would they be likely to do so?
Also, I read somewhere that they're difficult to rear. Would it not be a good idea to get a sebright as a part of my first flock, or should it be fine?

From what I’ve seen they will fly up onto things. I ended up with two Sebright Roos. I’ve never seen them actually like sore like birds do they mostly flap up to somewhere and come down. But from what I’ve noticed all my chickens even the big ones have cleared 6 feet. But I don’t know if my chickens are just lazy or they just don’t feel like going anywhere they don’t even leave. For a year I didn’t even have a fence they wouldn’t even cross the property line. They’d just sit right on the line and look out at the neighbors walking bye like two feet from where they where sitting. Now I have basically a flimsy 2 foot chicken wire fence that’s held up by half Fallen posts... they started walking over to the other yards and digging holes because I think the nextdoor kids where feeding them. The Sebrights will sometimes sit on the top of that wobbly fence or walk the perimeter but panic because they realize there to far from the girls. I don’t know about others and I’m amazed because there boys but their very easy to handle I’ve scooped both up with one hand once and they just let it happen. They are protective of the girls but they haven’t attached us yet.

Back
Top Bottom