How much do YOU sell your eggs for???

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Ms~Silkie~Girl, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Ms~Silkie~Girl

Ms~Silkie~Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    New York STATE
    I'm not really sure how much i should sell my eggs for, I already have people wanting to buy eggs from me, but im not sure if $3.00 is to much, and they arent free range or organic, but i can garantee they are the happiest chickens in the world!

So how much do you sell your eggs for, and are they organic, free range, or you just feed them chicken food and have an outside run for them??

2. Southern Chickens

Southern Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    NorthWest Florida
    I don't sell/eat mine, but I buy some from a farmer down the road with no rooster for $2.00 a dozen.

3. RendonRoo

RendonRoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    ft. worth
    The stores sell them for as much as $6 per dozen. Those are certified organic though. I'v talked to a lot of ppl about this and some get up to $3 per doz. I've also heard from some that they can't get more than a dollar. To be cost effective your need to get at least $2 doz. At that you will about break even on feed. That's what i'm going to charge. You may try taking them to a farmers market and trade them for veggies. It won't bring in cash but will save you some. While your there ask around for "old" veggies that can't be sold but are still ok for the birds. That can save on the feed bill as well. Good Luck

4. Paws2u

Paws2u Out Of The Brooder

Nov 13, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    Two months ago I posted a good-sized sign in my yard advertising fresh eggs. I sell for $2 a dozen if they use their own carton...or if they bring mine back. It was slow going at first, but now I can't keep enough for my family. Good luck.

5. gkeesling

gkeesling Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2008
    Hagerstown, IN
    i live in Indiana and sell mine for $2 a doz. There are some farmers in our area selling for $1.25 and $1.50/dz. but that's to low and they are just underpriced. My chickens are kept in a run and I sell mine as cage free chickens. I saw that the Miejer store had Cage Free eggs for something like $2.60/dz.

6. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I get $2.00 per dozen of x lg to jumbo , I get $1.00 for smaller ones , I get $4.00 per pint of pickled eggs & $7.00 per Qt of pickled eggs.
    My eggs are all from free range & medicne free hens .
    I hope you do as well as I have selling eggs ... It keeps the feed drum full

7. milleryardchx

milleryardchx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Washington State
    i don't sell my eggs but around here people sell their eggs from $3 to $4. 4 if they are free range organic eggs and maybe fertile.

8. Chickensrock10110

Chickensrock10110 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    Hawaii
    Where I live it hits $5.00 per dozen(late last year).Though with the tough economy these days, today the eggs are about $5.00 per 18 eggs! Store bought eggs here are about $3.50 per dozen.

9. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    2.00/dozen for eating eggs. When my black coppers start laying those gorgeous dark, rich colored eggs then the price will rise to 4.00/dozen for those.

Organic eggs in the grocery store here run about 4-5 dollars a dozen. My eggs are organic but I find people really appreciate being able to get good home grown fresh eggs at a great price so I only charge 2.00/dozen for mine. They come from RIR, BR, and BOs.

10. JayBird+16

JayBird+16 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Fitzwilliam, NH
    I sell eggs from my pampered, free range flock for $3.50 per dzn. I have, brown, blue, green, white and tinted eggs - I think it adds to the novelty, so people are willing to pay a little more.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by