How much do you sell your eggs for?

Willow's Meadow

Songster
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
I want to sell some of my eggs next summer. I notice that one dozen brown, organic and cage free eggs are sold at Walmart for $5.00.
th.gif
I don't want to charge that much! But how much do you sell your eggs for?

I sell organic, free range eggs for $3.00/dozen. Some customers give me $3.50. It's all word of mouth and they are welcome to see the hens.

I guess it depends on where you live. I live in south jersey in the Garden State part where there is a lot of state forrest and I charge 2.50. I have only been here a year and I'm trying to drum up business. Next year I will probably move up to 3. I wouldn't charge 5, so you can bring in first time customers, but you probably could get 3.5 or 4. Good luck.
J

I sell a dozen free range eggs for $3.50 in Colorado. They are not organic fed. I have a waiting list of customers who want eggs when they become available. I advertise on our website and local sustainability websites that are free.
Good luck!
Roxie

$5 per dozen free-range ducks, $4 per dozen free-range chickens and $4.50 for a mixed dozen, aka 6 of each (duck and chicken). But I give friends & neighbors a $1.00 discount and a 50 cent discount if you bring your own crate.

That said, I'm not particularly tough with those prices - if you only have a few bucks, you still get your eggs! So basically, while the sign out front is kind of pricey - I do love a good haggle!

Back
Top Bottom