How much does wood cost????

quintinp

Songster
9 Years
Oct 22, 2010
Southern Oklahoma
sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but i have looked on the lowes website and it seems i cannot find out how much the average 2x4 will cost me... that is all i really wanna know, i am gonna work on a run, and am wanting to know how much money it would be to make it before i ride into town and go to lowes,,,,,,,,,,,,..........................????????????
idunno.gif

Last edited:
DUH DUH DUH,,,,............................ i am so very stupid hahaha i am a younger person, and do not do to much wood work stuff, and i barely ever go to Lowes, thanks i feel stupid gosh .......................
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
ill laugh at myself to conceal my embarrassment haha

Here in Az they are $2.00 a piece atm.
sad.png
And plywood is up to over $8. At Lowes website, first put in your zip code, then go to Building Supplies, Lumber, Dimensional Lumber & Studs and you can see all the prices. I'm going with re-purposed pallets and any other scrap wood I can find things are getting to expensive. Best of luck!
big_smile.png

2X4 's 8 foot long, are running from $1.97 to $2.50 each.
My husband spent $138.00 on 55 of them, for my coop, and it is only 6' X 8 '.
We will be buying more for the run area.

Quote:
That's ok
wink.png
First you need to know what you would "like" to bild..then you will know what you need. I do recommend going to Lowe's and browsing everything..it helps a lot..good luck!
big_smile.png

i remember when i went to Ace Hardware i got some plywood, and it was extremely expensive, it was half inch plywood, and it cost me about 18 dollars a piece

Like everything else lately, the price of lumber is really going up. I had priced all the lumber a couple months ago for my coop and when I went to buy it in March, some of the larger boards had increased by as much as $3 each. The local Lowe's had some lower quality 2X4s last month for $2 each, I went to buy a lot of my lumber on March 19 and they had gone up to $2.17 each. I went back two days later to purchase some more lumber and the same 2X4s had went up to $2.39 each. So even if you call Lowe's and get a price, it could change the next day. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom