How much egg should I give my chicks?

Harun

Songster
Apr 10, 2021
I started giving my lethargic chicks egg yolk and now they're not as lethargic. Now my dad's been giving them cooked egg every day(in tiny pieces). This is the third time he's fed them the scrambled egg and I feel like it's a bit too much but he's very stubborn so I'm wondering if it's too much for them. If so, I'll tell him to stop and give them less.

I cant saw that a little scrambled egg each day would be harmful as long as they also are eating their starter.
I do wonder why they were lethargic to begin with.. could be the first signs of trouble
How old are they?
How many chicks?
Picture or description of their brooder?
Well, the barred rocks I got weren't taken care of very well, and one even died(not sure what killed it,) but I assume it was because the store's water and food was unclean. My brooder also could've been too hot but don't fret, I already adjusted the heat to a comfortable level for them.

If they are back to normal stop the egg and just give them the chick food. They need the nutrition - eggs don’t have everything they need and it’s crucial they have proper nutrients right now.

If they are back to normal stop the egg and just give them the chick food. They need the nutrition - eggs don’t have everything they need and it’s crucial they have proper nutrients right now.
Righto.

Back
Top Bottom