How much food do ducks need?

hayley3

Free Ranging
16 Years
Aug 16, 2007
Louisville, Kentucky
My chickens are developing diarrhea after I changed to All Flock. I would like to remove it and just let them eat grass for 3/4 of the day but the ducks are always hungry.
Any suggestions? The goose and chickens both eat grass but the ducks don't seem to eat grass...maybe a weed or two but I don't have that many weeds in my yard.

What did you change from to All Flock? It could be an upset belly or even coccidia with the chickens diarrhea.. I fed my guineas turkeys and chickens All Flock and my geese and ducks Purina Waterfowl food

What did you change from to All Flock? It could be an upset belly or even coccidia with the chickens diarrhea.. I fed my guineas turkeys and chickens All Flock and my geese and ducks Purina Waterfowl food
This is the 2nd bag they have went through. They just have dirty butts so far...not awful or anything but I try to catch things before they get bad.

Well I can't separate my birds, so they need to eat the same thing...So that is my issue. I haven't had ducks for a long time and they are constantly eating so I just keep filling up the bowls of food.

You could possibly try a scratch with cracked corn? If you can’t separate could you feed in different spots, like maybe the ducks have one bowl and the chickens have another?

I might just feed everyone in the morning and take it up for several hours. Also how do you give electrolytes to a chicken when you have ducks.

Back
Top Bottom