How much hard boiled egg to feed per baby chick?

I agree it's important to not leave the eggs sitting around. I start with a yolk or partial yolk, depending on chick number. Then proceed to whole chopped egg. They do go crazy for it!

I don't really handle my chicks much, only to move them. The daily egg treat makes them look forward to you, and I end up with chickens following me around. The only downside is their poops can get a bit looser and stinky from the eggs. So limit them if that's something that may concern anyone.

My chicks also seem to grow and feather faster getting a daily treat of eggs. All my young poultry get some now.

Oldhen, I wonder if you are feeding a little too much egg is it makes your chicks loose? That is often a sign of excessive protein. It's another reason I use a little Quaker quick oats in my chick mash, cuts protein a bit and adds fiber.

Oldhen, I wonder if you are feeding a little too much egg is it makes your chicks loose? That is often a sign of excessive protein. It's another reason I use a little Quaker quick oats in my chick mash, cuts protein a bit and adds fiber.
Probably, but I like the growth and feathering rate enough. I get my chicks out to my shed by 4 weeks now. I brood out in a shed so the poop isn't a problem for me. If someone is brooding in the house the smell might be too much.

Back
Top Bottom