How much is a year old laying hen worth?

Quuqui

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2020
I had somebody ask me today if I would be interested in selling a couple of my year old laying hens. I don't really think I'm going to but just out of curiosity how much are laying hens of that age going for? My ladies are Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshire Reds and Black Sex link aka Black Star. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch

So far my girls that are laying daily. Only about once a week do I get one or two holdouts. I had no intention of selling them really I was just curious after I was asked by somebody, how much they are selling for. I really love them all, and never considered selling.

I had somebody ask me today if I would be interested in selling a couple of my year old laying hens. I don't really think I'm going to but just out of curiosity how much are laying hens of that age going for? My ladies are Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshire Reds and Black Sex link aka Black Star. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch

Those breeds sold as laying hens around me go for $25 each.

If you do not wish to sell....don't. HOWEVER I strongly recommend adding padlocks to your coop(s) and run(s).

Even before the world got crazy someone was brazen enough to tromp through my suburban yard and steal 18+ eggs a day. No one here believed me until there were tracks left in the snow directly to my coop and back out.

Trust no one.

Depends on where you are. If you don’t want to sell them, price them high, like $40. 🤣

Those breeds sold as laying hens around me go for $25 each.

If you do not wish to sell....don't. HOWEVER I strongly recommend adding padlocks to your coop(s) and run(s).

Even before the world got crazy someone was brazen enough to tromp through my suburban yard and steal 18+ eggs a day. No one here believed me until there were tracks left in the snow directly to my coop and back out.

Trust no one.
I have padlocks on my coops.👍

Back
Top Bottom