How much longer before these pekins are grown?

BeepCheep88

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
Apparently my pekin ducks are four months old, I just got them couple days ago. Anyone have an idea about how much longer til they are completely full grown and fat looking? I leave their Purina layena crumble feed out in a bowl for them so they have constant access to it. I was worried they are a little underweight but wings and voices aren't done developing yet so I know they still aren't grown yet

Attachments

• IMAG1496.jpg
    IMAG1496.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG1487.jpg
    IMAG1487.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 8
  • IMAG1439.jpg
    IMAG1439.jpg
    390.2 KB · Views: 7
If they're 4 months old now, they're probably about as big as they're gonna get. They should start laying in another 2 months or so. Ducks don't really get very meaty, I've slaughtered my share of Pekin ducks at 8, 12, 16 and 24 weeks, and the only thing worth going after is the breast meat, and even that isn't worth the work (IMO) of cleaning them. What is your plan for them?

They are just pets but they look skinny and smaller than most pekins. their wings are not done growing either. I raised some last year and they were more filled out, and wings were normal size. these guys have little wings that only lay halfway down their back I only had these a couple days, I'm not sure about what or how they were fed before I got them. And I felt like they weren't done growing because they still beep.

Your Ducklings should not be on layer pellets....Grower or water fowl feed is best....You could try wetting the feed once a day and add some frozen peas.....I feed mine veggies...High protein dry cat food a few times a week....

Back
Top Bottom