how much money does it cost to start a hatchery

northdakotaoutfitting.com

Songster
8 Years
Sep 22, 2011
So I started raising chickens this spring and all be honest its kinda addicting cuz I now have turkeys too lol. I was wondering what it takes and how much equipment cost to start a small scale chicken hatchery. Here's my plans well I don't really have a plan yet lol

Hatch 1000 eggs a week maybe less to start
Uses some of thoes chicks to lay more eggs to keep cost down
Sell eggs to local markets around the town.

The closest hatchery around that I know of is in south dakota and I live in the middle of north dakota.

What is the profit margin in a business like this?
How long does it take to pay off yor investments? (Return on investment)
I'm just always looking for ways to make more money
I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot but hopefully this will answer some of my questions
Thanks

Last edited:
Thought you might enjoy this.
big_smile.png

Neat video.

I can hatch 400 eggs a month with my set up. My hatcher and bator are self built and ive got less than 300$ in them. Im getting ready to build another 400 egg bator here very shortly. 1000 eggs a week is alot. Im mean alot.

Yeah 1000 is a bit much to start lol. Do u hatch all year round? What do u build ur incubators out of and how big? Any pics of ur set up?
I've made one out of an old freezer and looks like its going to work good. It controlled with a thermostat and I use light bulbs for the heat source. I'm waiting on a fan to circulate the air and it should be good to go. I need to make a hatcher for them now. And thought about a similar set up if this works, I don't have much doubt that it won't cuz it holds the temp just fine now.

Back
Top Bottom