How much Niacin do you feed baby ducks? Just found out they can get deformities with too much protein in their feed. Their feedhas 22%. Very worried.

When you say slow their growth are you saying like mute your growth?
The whole point of feeding 22% all the time is to get them to weight for slaughter in as short a time as possible. If your concerned with longevity you can slow the rate at which they put on weight by feeding lower protein feed as not free choice. Its a fairly controversial topic but there are published sources that say to do it both ways.

The whole point of feeding 22% all the time is to get them to weight for slaughter in as short a time as possible. If your concerned with longevity you can slow the rate at which they put on weight by feeding lower protein feed as not free choice. Its a fairly controversial topic but there are published sources that say to do it both ways.
We won’t be slaughtering!!

Are you putting probiotics in their water if so until there about a month old I don't think you need to worry about niacin and it's that point I would give them frozen peas in their water keys are a good source of niacin for ducks. I still give my grown ducks peas daily. that's how I've raised my ducks and they have done fine but I'm not an expert in this so if you were looking for expert advice you might want to look further.
Yeah, that's why I feed mine peas. Two or three cans a day. From wall- Mart there cheap.
I don't like giving mine medication at all..

Back
Top Bottom