How much per ton for feed?

coonriver

Songster
11 Years
May 3, 2010
Sac City,Iowa
For the people who buy feed in bulk how much are you paying for feed with and without delivery?i called our local feed supply today and the said layer was running $410.56 per ton delivered.whats the price difference between a 50 pound bag of feed and per ton price.our feed price per bag last year when i was buying it from this mill was around $9.00 per 50 pound bag.

2,000 lbs = 1 ton

I store my 1,500 to 3,000 lbs of feed in my (4) 60 gallon trash cans in my feed shed. I also have another shed that I store the bags on pallets. When the feed in the trash cans is gone, then I pour more feed in the trash cans. I keep a lid on them at all times, so that mice/rats, etc don't get in it. I always purchase mine in bags. But if I didn't, then the truck would pour the feed in the trash cans for me.

I pay $6.00 a bag per 50lb bag (bulk feed). And I pick it up on a 16 ft trailer.

Are there any feed mills that will work with you on your "own" recipe and mix what you want them to mix at a lower price?

Quote:
68749_gravity_box_wagon.jpg
[/img]

Gravity grain wagon.

I was thinking of going in bulk and i can get a bulk bin for around $100 or so.the price i got for bulk feed doesn't seem much cheaper if any to buy that way vs buying by the bag.

Back
Top Bottom