how much should I feed my 2 mandarin ducks?

Mandarinducks

Chirping
Jan 31, 2021
Hi, I have 2 mandarin ducks I was wondering how much to feed them every day. I have been free feeding them but I am trying to tame them so I thought I should try to teach them that I have food. Also, what are some ideas to tame them.

Hi, I have 2 mandarin ducks I was wondering how much to feed them every day. I have been free feeding them but I am trying to tame them so I thought I should try to teach them that I have food. Also, what are some ideas to tame them.
They should have unlimited access to food. What brand of feed are you feeding?
Mealworms can work wonders.

Just spend time with them. More time you spend, more trust they have in you. Also, bringing out little treats helps! Just make sure not to be loud, sudden movements, anything that would scare them or they won't be tame for you.

@Mandarinducks
Mazuri feed is one of if not the best feed you can buy, I use a number of there feeds and I have no complaints at all with it.
If your feeding adult birds and there on the Waterfowl Breeder you might want to try to keep there feed right around 25-30 grams/kg of body weight. You can always bump there feed up a little if needed.

Back
Top Bottom