How much to sell a rooster for??

Heatherschicks1

Chirping
5 Years
Nov 18, 2014
I have 2 RIR roosters about 15-18 weeks how much would you typically sell a rooster for when someone wants to buy them?? I have 3 small hatches to try to expand my flock and 4-6 were roosters so I have to get rid of a few.

I'm thrilled if I can give cockerels away. There's no chance of selling one around here unless it's an unusual breed. Anything you can get from the feed store or a barnyard mix is pretty much a giveaway.

I have 2 RIR roosters about 15-18 weeks how much would you typically sell a rooster for when someone wants to buy them?? ....

If you actually know smoebody that wants to buy them me & you need to get together and I'll give you a seller's commission because I have several dozen I'd like to sell @ $5-$10 each, which I think is a great price as a seller. Like you, they're a byproduct of my layer flock expansion hatches.
The last one I tried to give away on craiglist with a big FREE in the title took over a month to give away. I know a farmer whose rooster got killed by a dog so I got lucky and gave another one away the next year. I tried to give him 10 but he only wanted one.

I just listed 9 9-week old cockerels for 8$ a piece or all for 60$ and they are all very pretty and well mannered boys. We will see how it goes, I planned to eat them, but thought I'd throw them on Craigslist to see if anyone is interested since they're such good boys! If not they'll be swimming with dumplings I'm 2 months. :)

Back
Top Bottom