How much Tylan should I give ?Injectable

Are those bubbles in her eye?

Any respiratory symptoms? How does the bird act otherwise?

Last edited:
IMO the symptoms sound a lot like possible mycoplasma. https://poultrykeeper.com/respiratory-problems/mycoplasma/

Now I am sure someone will pop up and say kill every bird on your property, burn the coop down, salt the land etc... But don't over-react. Are most of the other birds healthy? Any new additions?

I had an EE pullet with those symptoms, later found out the breeder I bought her from had Mycoplasma in her flock. None of my other birds have ever showed even a hint of it.

Last edited:
That is what I was leaning toward mycoplasma.. I bought Tylan 50 I am unsure how much to give.. I am not culling them.. They are actually my father in laws chickens.. But they were out of town and we brought them here not knowing one was sick... we have kept them seperated . But it seems so infectious I am sure mine have it. But I don't sell chickens.. They are just hobby and egg producers for us.

What about Coryza, sinus infection?
I would separate her from the rest of the flock and gently wipe her eye with a warm wet cloth or something and try to see if you can see anything in or on the eye that might rule in or rule out anything.
I don't know much about this but am doing some research.

That is what I was leaning toward mycoplasma.. I bought Tylan 50 I am unsure how much to give.. I am not culling them.. They are actually my father in laws chickens.. But they were out of town and we brought them here not knowing one was sick... we have kept them seperated . But it seems so infectious I am sure mine have it. But I don't sell chickens.. They are just hobby and egg producers for us.

So they are temporarily staying at your house? That would be stressful, and stress can trigger an active MG episode.

Last edited:
Yes they are here temp. When we called the in laws to ask if they had seen any symptoms they said yes her eye had been swollen but they thought she was stung by something. So I think the symptom was already present and maybe just presented more once here.

Back
Top Bottom