How much water?

Iceegg

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 19, 2010
I have 2 chicks that are 3.5 weeks old. I see them eat all the time but I never see them drink and the water level doesn't appear to be dropping much in their waterer. They seem fine and aren't peeping like something is wrong should I be concerned? How much water should they be drinking? Is it possible that I'm just not seeing them drink?

2 chicks probably won't drink a whole lot. Are you giving them plain water or treating it with something? (Just thinking they might not like the taste of whatever meds IF you put any in the water) I have 8 and they only drink about half a Mason jar a day, and that includes whatever I spill when I flip it over too.
You should give them fresh every day even if the dish is still full.

I know when I refill mine the chicks run over like it's a new toy that they've never seen, and then they usually all take a sip - probably from curiosity more than anything else.

They drink quite often You probably just don't see them. There are only 2 in there but if you have 10, you will notice a big difference in the water level in just a period of an hour.

Mine too seem to not drink often. I usually only see them take one or two trips to the waterer for a drink in an hour or two. I only watch them for 10-15 minutes at a time. So I assume they do drink much more. My water level drops within a day, not a huge drop....but it does.

Thanks for all the information. I will keep watching and keeping track of their water level.

Back
Top Bottom