How much would you pay... (Please Help! )

lowcountrypoultry

Songster
11 Years
Jan 30, 2008
Beaufort, South Carolina
I am planning on selling hatching eggs starting later next week and seriously selling alot of them in the spring, and I am not sure what to do on prices and all so I was wondering if you all could please help me out some.

I want you to tell me what you would pay for a dozen of each breeds eggs. This will really help me out alot
smile.png

1. Rhode Island Red Eggs (12+)

2. White Leghorn Eggs (12+)

3. Buff Orp's Eggs (12+)

4. Ameracauna Eggs (12+) (Brown)

5. Giant Pekin Eggs (12+)

6. Muscovy Eggs (6+)

7.Coturnix Quail Eggs (24+)

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:
Well if it were me the price would start off from whatever shipping cost will be then start the price of the eggs from there and add the 2 together
smile.png

you have a great list of hatching eggs there i'm tempted!
lol.png

Last edited:
ok so start at 13 then say if you charge $15 for the 6+ Muscovy Eggs then the total for that would be $28
smile.png

I recently purchased 2 dozen Jumbo Coturnix eggs locally for $5.

I also purchased 2 dozen on ebay and shipping was $9 and I won the auction for $2. Actual shipping cost in a small priority box was $4.75

I'd say somewhere around $12 to $15 shipped would be very reasonable.

Edited to add that a flat rate box is not always the cheapest way to send. It pays to go to usps.com and check if regular Priority is cheaper than a flat rate.

Last edited:
When you say Brown Ameraucanas, do you mean the red brown variety? Or are these EEs? This is important as you want to make sure you are identifying them properly to sell.

Also, the quality of the birds makes a difference. Are these birds from hatcheries?

I have paid 25 per dozen (plus extras) which included shipping from excellent breeders for Buff Orps and True Ameraucanas. I would pay the same for RIRs if they were high quality.

If these eggs are from hatchery birds, I might pay 12-to 15 including shipping per dozen.

I hope this helps. Good luck!
smile.png

Okay, so make sure you specify where birds are from. Also, if the "Ameraucanas" you have are from a hatchery, they are actually Easter Eggers, a mixed breed. This is an issue so many folks are confused about. Ameraucanas come in 8 standard colors and have slate legs or white legs. I am going to guess yours have green legs.

People love EEs, just make sure you advertise them as such. I have seen people advertise and sell EEs for 15 including shipping.

If you do a search you'll see alot on the topic of Ameraucanas and EEs.

As a new seller, you may not get what established breeders get, but hopefully you can start out and get some folks to try your stock.

smile.png

Back
Top Bottom