How much would you sell for?

lynviviana

Chirping
Jul 4, 2021
I got 2 male bantams and a female turken that are approx. 7 months. Wanting to sell just have no idea how much they would go for. Can anyone help me figure out a price.

I got 2 male bantams and a female turken that are approx. 7 months. Wanting to sell just have no idea how much they would go for. Can anyone help me figure out a price.
Where are you located? I am interested if you still have some, depending on your location.

Males would more than likely be free and it would depend on if the Naked neck had a big or little clump of feathers, color and if she had started laying or not.

For example:
I have a black NN hen in her 3rd spring (so 2 years old in May) thst has a large clump of neck feathers (so only one naked neck gene) that I'm hoping to get 15-20 for. However I also know she makes decently large sons so she's pretty good if someone wants to raise birds for meat

Is your pullet started or no? If she's started she'll be worth more, as a proven layer, than the grain she's eaten. For the roosters, you're often lucky to give them away. I'd ask for at least what they've had in grain over their lifetime at a quarter-pound of feed daily times the estimated 210 days (7 months x 30 days a month) they've been dining on at your home... comes to 52 1/2 pound of feed from hatch to now for each bird. If anyone balks at the price, you now have something to base a figure on, as well.

Back
Top Bottom