How often can I candle chicken eggs?

if I candle chicken eggs to often will it kill them ? Bc I have 7 chicken eggs in the bator and I wanna know if I can candle them on day 8 and how often I can
There are several schools of thought. Personally, after several failed attempts at a good hatch rate I stumbled upon an article on dry hatching. I also discussed at length with a member in a local group his own experiences on how he came to dry hatching. Basically they both went to the master hatchers themselves: the hens. A hen gets off her nest everyday. Sometimes long enough to eat and poop; sometimes for several hour a day. I candle my eggs at day 10 to take out any infertile or spoiled/leaking eggs, then again at lockdown. Some people don't candle until lockdown. Some people candle everyday. Will it hurt your hatch rate to candle at day 5, 8, 10, 14, 16, 15, 18, 20? No. I open my incubator at anytime wish during incubation. as long as my temp and humidity stay within the dry hatch perimeters, all is okay. And my hatch rate has increased.

Some people have claimed an addiction to candeling lol. Its perfectly fine to candle on day 8 instead of day 10, and if you want to candle again at day 10 that's fine too. Candeling doesn't affect the chicks, well unless your leaving them out in the cold for a long period of time. Good hand washing is a necessity. Have fun!

Some people have claimed an addiction to candeling lol. Its perfectly fine to candle on day 8 instead of day 10, and if you want to candle again at day 10 that's fine too. Candeling doesn't affect the chicks, well unless your leaving them out in the cold for a long period of time. Good hand washing is a necessity. Have fun!
Thank u I just candled my eggs all of them are looking perfect they are very active they are moving around a lot it the egg

I don't think most people do a dry hatch. For them I would say not to handle and candle that often, mainly because, sooner or later, eggs are dropped, or chipped or cracked.

It will throw the temp & humidity off and then the bator has to get back to speed

Back
Top Bottom