How Often Do Roosters Crow?

One other thing is what it sounds like, some sound like a squeaky voice like the rooster I killed 2 weeks ago, others sound like a girl screaming like my rooster Koa, some sound like a bigfoot roaring and others just sound like a toad being strangled or something

The Orpington I'm holding for someone over winter just discovered that he can crow. At least it's nice sounding and not constant.

David, my silkie, on the other hand, still sounds like a girl crowing and he's getting to be more constant throughout the day

I have a duccle, about 5 months old. He was kicked out of two homes because the chickens all picked on him and did not like him. I had him since 2 months old. He only crows every couple days. Never too early in the morning. On the days he does crow, he only crows a couple times. Usually when he wants something. Like I am slow to let him out. I am thinking he is a little special. He doesn't behave like a rooster. He is very laid back, sweet and literally afraid of his own shadow. He is happy to be petted and held most all day. LOL I can tell my adult hen wants nothing to do with him. They get along fine but she put him in his place early on which was hilarious. I have another hen that's only a few months old and she loves him. They chatter back and forth like they are talking and responding to each other.

The Orpington I'm holding for someone over winter just discovered that he can crow. At least it's nice sounding and not constant.

David, my silkie, on the other hand, still sounds like a girl crowing and he's getting to be more constant throughout the day
I love a hen crow! My Silkie is 4 years old and he just does this ridiculous scream 🙄 My daughter even wrote a short story about all of our boys having a crowing contest and his ridiculous crow whenever she was in 4th grade 🤣 All of my other boys are the typical "loud and proud".

I love a hen crow! My Silkie is 4 years old and he just does this ridiculous scream 🙄 My daughter even wrote a short story about all of our boys having a crowing contest and his ridiculous crow whenever she was in 4th grade 🤣 All of my other boys are the typical "loud and proud".
That's adorable! I bet it was a great story!

I have a Sebright rooster, and our neighbor drove up to visit one day. We were standing in my yard talking when the rooster crowed. Neighbor thought it was a vixen screaming! That bird makes the most god awful sound...
:gig

That's adorable! I bet it was a great story!

I have a Sebright rooster, and our neighbor drove up to visit one day. We were standing in my yard talking when the rooster crowed. Neighbor thought it was a vixen screaming! That bird makes the most god awful sound...
:gig
That's hilarious! I honestly wish BYC would do a contest for hen crows and another for most ridiculous crow. You'd have to enter your Sebright rooster for sure ☺️ @casportpony what do you think about a possibility of these contests? I always forget about them anytime you've asked for suggestions so I figured I'd tag you while it was on my mind and in a post ☺️

So off topic @Aunt Angus but I gotta ask, how's that adorable Cheddar doing?

Back
Top Bottom