How often/much do you feed your ducks?

I can't leave food out for the ducks all day or the rats and chickens will eat it, so I feed them morning and evening. In the morning I feed them only what they'll eat in about five minutes because they don't care much about breakfast and are too excited to get let out into the yard. I give them a bigger dinner a couple of hours before bed and by that time they are alwsys quacking at me for food. I started out giving them 0.4 lbs of food per duck but I adjust based on how much they have left. I like to see just a small amount of food left when they are done so I know they are getting enough.

I can't leave food out for the ducks all day or the rats and chickens will eat it, so I feed them morning and evening. In the morning I feed them only what they'll eat in about five minutes because they don't care much about breakfast and are too excited to get let out into the yard. I give them a bigger dinner a couple of hours before bed and by that time they are alwsys quacking at me for food. I started out giving them 0.4 lbs of food per duck but I adjust based on how much they have left. I like to see just a small amount of food left when they are done so I know they are getting enough.
I have mouse issues but still leave food out 24/7 for my ducks and turkeys.
No rats.
No outside cats- we lost our last one a few months ago 😓
I don’t miss the poo in my pots around the house...but I’m not sure that I wouldn’t rather deal w the poo/ covering the pots vs being over run by mice.

Looking forward to more feedback

Three times a day, morning to let them out, noon for treat and evening before they put themselves to bed. Then I close their door a hour or two later.
Not feeding them as they have nothing else to eat, just enough to supplement their intake.

I leave food out for my ducks all day long but they don't get it at night when they go into their closed sleeping area. I think they should definitely have access to it all day.

Back
Top Bottom