How often to collect Button Quail eggs?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by EggHunter_66, Oct 30, 2010.

1. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
    My husband hasnt collected the Button Quail eggs ALL week. How long is to long for an egg to sit outside? I try to collect them every day and put them in the fridge BUT I had a busy week this week and wasnt able to and I thought he would get them BUT I guess not...RRRrrrrr!!!!
    I went out to day and found 13 eggs, the last time I was able to collect some was last Sunday. <ugh> 13 eggs, that have been wasted [​IMG]

2. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I think your post needs to go in egglaying and behaviors maybe.

But I don't know for sure...maybe in the title put 'question about quail eggs'...that way people who know and have quail will answer.

I only have chickens so I don't know the answer.

Good Luck.

3. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    My first question.......having button quail myself is....Are any of your quails broody? IF they have been set on and kept warm for a week there will be some developement of a chick if they are fertile. I THINK BQ eggs hatch in 18 days or so. That means a week old, fertile egg that has been kept warm by the hen, would be about 1/3 developed. Yuk! if you are going to be eatting it.

4. EggHunter_66

EggHunter_66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Box Springs,Georgia
    Quote:No none are broody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by