How often?

emsevers

Songster
11 Years
Nov 30, 2008
Carlton, OR
So this may be a very stupid question but I'm wondering how often you need to refill the water in the incubator. It's hard to see where it's at under the egg turner and everything so is it once a day or every other day. What would you suggest. Thanks, Erin

You need to get a humidity gauge to track your humidity.....not just add water every couple of days. How much water you add depends on where you live and what the humidity in your house is.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
Exactly!

You can pick a hum gauge up at you local walmart for about $5.

If you dont have a walmart around you can get one at you local hardware or pet store.

Having one is very important for incubating !!

I do have a humidity gauge. I got it from the pet store. It says that it's at a little above 60. So do I watch the gauge and when it starts to go down then I add more water?

What day are you on for your hatch?

I keep mine in these ranges for great hatches with no problems...

Day 1 thru 18, 40 to 50% range, Even allowing it to go in the 30s is ok here for me....

Evening of day 18 thru 21 a 60 to 70% range...

When your humidity goes down yes thats when you add alittle more water. When they start pipping the shells no more water is usually needed as they add their own moisture by hatching from the egg...

So how do I get the humidity to go down. Do I take the plug out of the vent? It's been ranging between 60 and 65. So to go down to 40 or 50 I definitely need to do something.

My opinion....Leave it alone since it's only day 2, let it go down naturally to the correct levels, if it doesn't start showing a decline in humidity with the next day or two take the eggs out for a few minutes, place them in an egg carton and take some water out by paper towels or a sponge, replace the eggs.

Hope this helps you...

Back
Top Bottom