How old and what breed?

chknlittle

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Hi all! I inherited what I believe is an Easter egger, please correct me if I'm wrong. She hasn't layed in the two months I've had her so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how old she is. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium Feather Member
9 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
If you have had her two months, did she look grown up when you got her? She doesn't look that old now, not much comb development or color. She could be an EE, I've gotten clean faced ones that color from Mt. Healthy hatchery, can't tell what her comb is.
:welcome

chknlittle

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 29, 2013
Thanks for the information everyone. I was guessing 4-5 months. Never had an EE so didn't know what to expect. I'm assuming that her comb will enlarge and have more color when she is ready to lay? If anyone has any other general information ( i.e. laying rate, temperament, etc) that would also be very helpful. In the time I've had her she has been incredibly skittish. Is that common in the breed? Thanks!

CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Crowing
7 Years
Dec 3, 2012
Indiana
Yes the comb will get slightly bigger and a lot redder. EEs are a great breed in my opinion. Also very loving. Sometimes you get skitish ones but you get that with any breed. You may have just ended up with a skitish one or she may just need more time to warm up. I love my EEs.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom